Dead sea salts: discover the benefits of cosmetics with this ingredient
The Dead Sea is a large salt lake located between Israel, the West Bank and Jordan, known since the time of the Greeks and Romans for its cosmetic benefits and healing properties. According to some historical documents, even Cleopatra has already used it for its benefits on the skin (it is said that the pharaoh frequented the Dead Sea assiduously and often came from Egypt to carry out beauty treatments).
The Dead Sea receives waters from the Jordan River, the Wadi Mujib River and other small rivers. Since it does not have any emissaries, it has a high density of salinity in its waters and mud which makes the Dead Sea the largest and most famous natural spa in the world.
Furthermore, this "lake" has more than 20 mineral salts such as magnesium, calcium, potassium and sodium, which make its waters and mud unique in the world and consequently are very interesting ingredients to create high quality cosmetic products. quality. Thousands of people rely on cosmetic products from the Dead Sea to soothe and heal their skin and even treat physical ailments such as rheumatism.
Here are some of the main benefits that Dead Sea salts offer:
- They improve dermatological problems such as allergies, dermatitis, eczema, psoriasis, etc.
- Moisturize the skin: over the years the skin loses its ability to absorb nutrients and loses its natural elasticity. The mineral properties of the Dead Sea contribute to the hydration and purification of the skin.
- They improve muscular or rheumatic problems thanks to its high content of magnesium and calcium.
- It contributes to the improvement of the circulatory system, cell renewal and anti-aging treatments on behalf of its high potassium and calcium level.
- Furthermore, thanks to its high bromine content, it promotes skin detoxification, decreases the size of the pores and nourishes the most superficial layers of the skin.
Here is our selection of the best products available on Amazon.See also
Keratin for hair: discover the benefits and the best products for less than 20 €
All the cosmetic uses of nettle
7 vegan and organic cosmetics for your daily skincare
1. Westlab bath salts
Here is the best product for those suffering from irritation and allergies: Westlab Dead Sea salt does not contain any additives, has a magnesium level between 31% and 35% and is highly recommended for skin healing, acne treatment, dermatitis, eczema and psoriasis. In addition, the Dead Sea salts help you relax your muscles, being particularly recommended for athletes.
Just dissolve two or three tablespoons of salts in the tub and you are ready for a nice relaxing bath. If you don't have much time (or don't have a tub), you can simply add it to a little water and apply it to the area with a piece of cotton.
© Amazon.co.uk Buy on Amazon for € 11.99
2. Body scrub with dead sea salts, mangoes and PraNaturals kiwifruit
PraNaturals scrub is 100% organic and vegan. It is rich in revitalizing and antioxidant minerals and is particularly suitable for sensitive, dry skin and for purifying skin impurities, cleaning pores and improving blood circulation. It will also help reduce cellulite and improve the shine and smoothness of the skin.
In addition, its aroma is incredible and will leave you with a pleasant scent throughout the day.
© Amazon.co.uk Buy on Amazon for € 13.49
3. Soap with Hilai Dead Sea salts
Hilai soap is ideal for those suffering from acne, dilated pores or oily skin, it has as its main ingredients the salts of the dead sea (which helps to clean and diminish the pores and regulate the production of sebum) and the goat's milk which moisturizes and regenerates the skin naturally, making it healthy and radiant. It is an ideal soap for sensitive, mature, acne, etc.
© Amazon.co.uk Buy on Amazon for € 4
4. Face mask with mud from the dead sea
Following what we have talked about before, the mud of the Dead Sea also has exceptional properties for the skin and face. If you are interested in a face mask that is both moisturizing and detoxing at the same time, the Grace & Stella formula is one of the most recommended.
It is a face mask with mud extracted exclusively from the Dead Sea.It is 100% natural and particularly effective in the treatment of skin problems such as psoriasis, acne, dermatitis, eczema, etc. If that doesn't seem the case, this mask is still ideal for detoxifying, soothing and healing the skin on your face by improving its elasticity and preventing premature aging.
© Amazon.co.uk Buy on Amazon for € 10.98
5. Magnesium oil with dead sea salts
This product is the top for those looking for an alternative cure for back pain, muscle fatigue, headache and joint pain. It is a 100% natural magnesium and dead sea extract spray, odorless and dye-free and produced with a 6-step purification method and reverse osmosis technology. It also helps in fighting other evils such as:
- Restless Legs Syndrome
- Leg cramps
- Episodes of stress, panic or depression
- Problems with insomnia or sleep disturbances
- Low blood pressure or lack of energy
Buy on Amazon for € 16.99 <